Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions which apply when you book your caravan holiday with us.
- This agreement is between you, also known as the “Primary Hirer” and the caravan owners – Trecco Bay Luxury Caravan Hire (“us”).
- The Primary Hirer making the booking accepts this Agreement on behalf of all members of your party. The Primary Hirer is also responsible for the conduct of all persons listed on the Booking Form and for ensuring they adhere to our terms and conditions listed as well as observing the park rules at Trecco Bay Holiday Park.
- We are unable to accept bookings/agreements from anyone under the age of 25.
- Our agreement with you is JUST for the hire of our caravan.
2. Beds & Bed Linen:
- We do understand that some guests may like to bring their own bedding, however for your convenience, we are able to provide fresh bed linen (other than cot linen) free of charge if required.
- Mattress and pillow protectors are provided and must remain on the beds at ALL times.
- We use ‘throws’ to cover the beds when the beds are not in use. These ‘throws’ are NOT to be used for any other purpose e.g. Picnic blanket, sun bathing, dog blanket, etc.
3. Behaviour on Site:
- Trecco Bay is a family holiday park so please ensure your behaviour is appropriate and not noisy, offensive or likely to cause any harm or upset to other guests, staff or property at the park.
- If the park contact us because of any offensive, disruptive or inappropriate behaviour, they are likely to ask you (and us) to leave. If you are asked to leave we are unable to give a refund or rebate for any remaining holiday time.
- When you book your luxury caravan holiday with us a non-refundable deposit is required. The balance of your payment along with your bond, must be paid at least one calendar month before the start of your holiday. Details of the balance payable and how and when to pay will be on your Booking Confirmation which we’ll send to you once we’ve received your completed Booking Agreement, completed Booking Form and Deposit as listed in the points below. If your holiday has been booked less than one calendar month before the start date, the full amount of the holiday (along with your bond and any pet charge) must be paid at the time of booking.
- Once we have confirmed your requested dates are available, should you wish to proceed with a booking we require:
- A completed/signed Booking Agreement.
- A completed Booking Form.
- A £50 non-refundable deposit.
4(a) Deposit (continued):
- We are happy to hold your requested dates for 5 days from the date on the Booking Enquiry to give you time to read through our T&Cs, complete & return the forms and transfer the deposit to us. If the forms/deposit aren’t received within this time it is assumed you no longer require the dates and we shall make those dates available to other holiday makers.
- We cannot accept your deposit without your completed forms or your completed forms without your deposit. These MUST ALL be received by us within the 5 day holding period for your booking to be confirmed. If we receive a deposit straight away but the forms are not received, your monies will be returned and the dates released. If we receive the forms but no deposit, again, the dates will be released (this is because we often get multiple people wanting the same dates and we want to confirm dates for people who submit the deposit and correct documentation as fairly as possible).
- Only when we have received BOTH the completed Booking Agreement & Booking Form along with the deposit will your booking be formally confirmed by us, in the form of a Booking Confirmation which we will send via email or FB Messenger.
- The outstanding balance of the caravan hire charge is due one calendar month prior to arrival. If the balance is NOT received within this time, it is assumed the hire is no longer required so your booking will be cancelled, deposit retained and we will hire the caravan out to someone else.
- For bookings made less than one calendar month prior to the arrival date, the total hire charge must be paid in full when booking. In this instance, full payment including the bond (and any pet charge) is to be made and received within 5 days of receiving the Booking Forms from us.
- We are unable to accept part payments or offer a payment plan for your remaining balance. Accepting the deposit to secure your dates and then receiving the balance & bond in full at least one calendar month before your holidays begin is the ONLY system we currently use.
- A £75 damages bond is payable along with the balance of your hire charge at least one calendar month prior to your arrival.
- We ask for a bond as security and commitment from yourselves that you’ll look after our caravan, after all it is our holiday home too. Following your departure and once our inspection team confirm the caravan has been been left in the condition it was given, i.e. clean, tidy and hoovered, with nothing missing or damaged, your £75 bond will be returned to you by bank transfer within 48 hours. If the caravan is left in an untidy and dirty condition you will lose your bond in order to cover the additional cleaning costs. Should this be the case, photographs will be taken as evidence before the caravan is cleaned.
- We are fair and reasonable people and understand that accidents do occur. If any of your party has an accident please let us know immediately so we can resolve the issue and you can get on with enjoying your holiday. Please note, you will be expected to pay the bill for any additional costs that may arise: breakages/damage/repairs/stains/etc.
4(d) Returning your completed & signed Booking Agreement & Booking Form:
- If you are unable to print the forms, please let us know and we will post them to you for you to return back to us within 5 days (from the date on the Booking Enquiry).
- Please post your completed Booking Agreement & Booking Form to: Brett & Kristy, ℅ Drum Depot, The Old Warehouse (Next to The Pumping Station), Penarth Road, Cardiff, CF11 8TT.
- By signing the Booking Form and paying the deposit, you are confirming that you, the nominated hirer, agree to be bound by all of our Terms & Conditions with all other parties concerned.
5. Cancellation by Us:
- If by some exceptional circumstance beyond our control (e.g. Fire, theft etc.) we have to cancel your booking, we will tell you as soon as possible. You can choose to have a full refund or accept the alternative dates offered. If we cancel we will have no further liability to you for this.
6. Cancellation by You:
- Should you wish to cancel your booking please let us know straight away & confirm it in writing.
- If you decide to cancel the holiday, deposits are non-refundable and once the full balance has been paid we are unable to give any refunds.
7. Caravan Access/Maintenance:
- In the case of a maintenance problem/repair etc. please contact us immediately so we can get the relevant team there to resolve the issue. D.I.Y repairs must NOT be attempted and any damage caused by you will be chargeable. Please note, in special circumstances e.g. emergencies, repairs needed, etc. we have the right to enter the caravan. However we will be sure to contact you beforehand giving you as much notice as possible and making you fully aware of our intentions.
8. Cars & Other Vehicles:
- Please comply with the speed limits, parking and traffic regulations on site.
- There is ONE hard-stand parking space outside our caravan. If more spaces are needed, please follow signs to the overflow car park as double parking outside the caravan is not permitted and you will be asked to move your car.
- Your vehicle and contents are left on site at your own risk. Neither us or the caravan site, will accept responsibility for any damage or loss.
- Electric/Hybrid vehicles must NOT be ‘charged up’ from the caravan.
9. Check In Time:
- Your holiday home will be available from 4pm on your arrival day. Most of the time we have check outs and check ins on the same day and we want to make sure everything is a perfect as can be for your breakaway. This allows us time to thoroughly spring clean and prepare the caravan for your holiday as it takes our team a good few hours to turn things around.
- Even though the caravan won’t be ready until 4pm on your arrival day, you can come on to the site, look around, get your bearings, purchase your passes (please read further info regarding passes in Point 15) and access the facilities anytime.
10. Check Out Time:
- We kindly ask you to vacate the premises by 10am on your departure day. We usually plan to be there at 10am so we can prepare for the next booking. ‘Late check-outs’ are unavailable and failure to comply will incur a subsequent charge.
- All children must be supervised by parents or guardians throughout the holiday.
- The use of slime, clay, felt pens, play-doh, sharpies, crayons, etc. is totally prohibited in our caravan.
- Prior to your stay the caravan is thoroughly cleaned. On departure please can you make sure the caravan is left as you found it. i.e. any kitchen equipment (cups, plates, cutlery, pots ’n’ pans, oven, grill, microwave etc.) used has been properly cleaned and put away and the kitchen surfaces wiped clean. Can you also empty the fridge/freezer of your contents and place all bin bags/rubbish in one of the many refuse disposal areas on site.
- Cleaning products and a hoover are provided so the caravan can be left just how it was found on your arrival.
12. Cleaning (continued):
- Should the caravan be damaged or left in a state, photographic evidence will be taken, along with further action. Please respect our property!
- Please refer to the ‘Departure Check List’ in the welcome pack for further info.
- Mobile: Brett: 07970 681 970 & Kristy: 07958 366 348
- FB Messenger: www.facebook.com/TreccoBayLuxuryCaravanHire
- There will be times when we’re actually staying on site too, so if there’s an issue we can resolve it quickly. Also our friends live on site and can be on hand to help us out if we can’t get there. They usually walk past with the dog a few times a day so don’t be startled if they give you a wave.
14. Early Departure:
- If you end your holiday early for any reason, we are unable to give a refund or rebate for any remaining holiday time.
- If you must leave the caravan due to an issue our end, we will do our best to find a caravan of equal standard or discuss being unable to provide the advertised holiday.
15. Entertainment Passes:
- Passes are NOT included in your hire fee. These can be purchased from the Owners Elite Office at the entrance of the site: Weekly passes are £25 per person and 3 day passes are £15 per person. Under 2s are free. There’s plenty to do without a pass, so purchasing them isn’t necessary.
- With regards purchasing passes and as stated on the parks own website, passes are “subject to availability” and “please check directly with the holiday park”.
- Please note, from mid-November until the end of the season (1st week of January) the park stops issuing Guest Passes. Most of the on-site facilities shut down and are only accessible if you’re an owner. With this in mind, we cannot take any responsibility whatsoever for the opening and closing of the parks on-site facilities. If you’ve booked with us (regardless of the time of year), with the intention of using the facilities on-site (Splashland, Showdome, Coast Bar etc.), please contact the park BEFORE your booking to confirm WHICH facilities are available for use to non owners for the dates required. We’d also advise you to get this in writing from the park to avoid any confusion. As private owners we are NOT kept up to date with the parks plans and whilst we do our absolute best to keep our valued customers up to speed with any changes that Parkdean / Trecco Bay eventually tell us about, sometimes, the reality is, we don’t even know ourselves!!
- Parkdean / Trecco Bay reserve the right to withdraw the sale of passes at any time without prior notice. In the event that this happens, we accept no liability.
16. Equipment Instructions/How It Works:
- We have provided a comprehensive ‘Information Pack’ covering a ‘How It Works’ section so getting to grips with the heating, hot water etc. should be straight forward. If you are unsure how to use any of the equipment please let us know.
- If you happen to find a fault with any of the equipment please report it to us immediately so we can resolve it.
- Do not attempt to use anything that you are unsure about or you do not consider to be in a perfect condition.
You will be evicted immediately without compensation if:
- You have extra guests or pets staying that have not been pre-registered.
- You cause any nuisance to others, such as loud music or shouting.
17. Eviction (continued):
- You breach any of the rules of the caravan site.
- You breach any of the other conditions listed in these T&Cs.
- Please do NOT wear stiletto heels on any areas of soft lino. This will likely pierce the flooring and you will be charged for any damage caused.
- If you or any of your party contract infections/contagious diseases while on your stay, please let us know. This is for our next booking/other people’s safety and personal hygiene.
- We have a complete list of all the items at the caravan for your holiday. A copy of which can be found in the blue folder on the coffee table. If anything is found to be damaged/missing upon your departure inspection, the cost of the repair/replacement will be deducted from your bond.
- We will provide you with 1 x front door key and 1 x patio door key. Further info regarding key collection/access will be sent before your stay.
- At the end of your stay, unless we’ve made other arrangements with you, please return keys to the place in which they were originally accessed.
- When using the secure key box, the code provided is exclusive to you/your stay.
- If the keys are not returned, your bond money will be 100% used by us to get replacement keys cut and locks changed.
- We do not accept any liability for any accidents, injury, illness, loss or damage suffered to you or any member of your party, unless caused due to negligence by us.
- We cannot be held responsible for any defects on the pitch the caravan is sited. Should an issue arise please let us know immediately so we can take it up with the Owners Lodge.
- We do not accept any liability and are not responsible if the park decides not to issue any ‘Guest Passes’ at any time of the year. Our agreement with you is JUST for the hire of our caravan and the ‘Guest Passes’ for the onsite entertainment is via Parkdean. It is your responsibility to check with the site directly for specific venue availability for your chosen dates.
- Park Dean rules are separate to our T&Cs and as owners we have absolutely no say in the resort rules. Therefore we do not accept any liability in the event of any changes made by the park.
23. Listed Guests & Number of People on Booking Form/ID/Sub-Letting:
- When you book, we ask you to give the names and ages of everyone in your party including children and babies as only those named on the completed Booking Form are entitled to occupy the accommodation. Anyone not named on your Booking Form will be asked to leave the park. Should this happen, there is nothing we can do and no refund or compensation will be given.
- Our caravan has 3 bedrooms = 1 double and 2 twins – thereby accommodating 6 people. No more than the maximum sleeping capacity of 6 persons are allowed at any time. To comply with fire and safety regulations, over-occupancy will not be tolerated and any infringement of this rule will result in the immediate loss of your holiday with no monies refunded. Please don’t put yourself in the position where you void our insurance and therefore have to lose your holiday, the payment and your bond.
- No extra guests are allowed to stay overnight in the caravan, without written permission, from the owner. You may have visitors during the day only.
- Proof of address maybe required as form of ID prior to or during your stay and holiday park staff may ask for a copy of your Booking Form. The Booking Form is important because it is for you and your parties safety and security so please comply with the parks requirements.
23. Listed Guests & Number of People on Booking Form/ID/Sub-Letting: (continued):
- Sub-letting or selling the holiday on to someone else is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Any infringement of this rule will result in the immediate loss of your holiday with no monies refunded.
- The nominated hirer/group leader accepts full responsibility and liability for the conduct of all guests should they breach any of the rules. It is their responsibility to ensure that all the guests are aware of the full details of these T&Cs.
24. Making Changes to your Booking:
- Once the dates have been agreed and the deposit paid, we may be unable to change or transfer your holiday. If you want to make small changes (e.g. change of guest) let us know and we will do our best to help.
25. Non-smoking Policy & Other Caravan Guidelines:
- Our accommodation is strictly non-smoking. We repeat, smoking/vaping is NOT allowed inside our caravan. If you do smoke please do so outside, away from open doors & windows and use the ashtrays provided. Please make sure all cigarettes extinguished and disposed of properly as you will be charged for any damage caused from cigarette smoke and cigarette ends.
- Naked flame products like candles & BBQs etc. must not be used inside the caravan.
- In the interest of safety, it’s preferred if BBQs are not used anywhere near any of the caravans.
- There is a zero tolerance on drug use.
- You are responsible for the security of the van during your stay so please ensure all windows and doors are locked securely when you are not in the caravan.
26. Paying for your Holiday:
- We are unable to accept part payment / monthly instalments for your holiday.
- Please can all payments (bank transfers, cash or cheque) be paid directly into our bank account:
Bank: Lloyds Account Name: Greenacres Sort Code: 30-80-96 Account Number: 45990260
27. Personal Possessions:
- We cannot be responsible for any loss or damage to your personal possessions on the park or in our holiday home.
- A maximum of one small to medium-sized well-trained dog is welcome. If you have any additional pets that you wish to take please speak to us before booking to see if we can accommodate them.
- Except for assistance dogs there is a charge of £30 per week or £20 per part week/weekend.
- Please bring a dog bed/basket/blanket etc. For sleeping in as dogs are not allowed on our caravan bedding or furniture. You may want to bring your dogs towel too so they can be dried off after those sea-side walks.
- Please do not leave your dog unattended in our caravan (or elsewhere) at anytime.
- For health and safety reasons please ensure your pets are free from fleas/parasites before occupying the property. Failure to do so will incur subsequent charges.
- Park rules state that dogs must be kept on a lead (except in designated dog areas) and under the control of a responsible adult at all times. Naturally your dog must wear a collar with identity tag and up-to-date contact numbers and it goes without saying (but we’ll say it anyway) pets (other than assistance dogs) are not allowed in any park facilities or play areas. There are many beaches nearby for your dog to have a good run. Please be sure to check the ‘dog-friendly’ beaches that accept dogs on the dates of your particular visit.
- Please clean up after your pet as if your pet is causing a nuisance you will be required to remove it from the park. Any damage or excessive cleaning will incur additional charges.
28. Pets (continued):
- The ‘grey throws’ covering the furniture and beds are NOT to be removed and used for anything other than their current purpose.
29. Bikes, Scooters, Skateboards, Trollies Etc.
- Bulky ‘wheeled’ items such as the ones listed above, can quite easily damage the doors and fittings as well as the carpet and lino flooring. We’d be grateful if these were stored away and not kept up, open, stored or used inside the caravan.
- The price confirmed when you book is the final price & will not change unless you alter your booking.
31. Safety Equipment:
- Smoke Alarms / Carbon Monoxide detector / Fire Extinguishers must not be tampered with (including removal of batteries from smoke alarms).
- Trecco Bay has its own security team that parole the site and check the pitches at regular intervals throughout the day and night. Should you see or hear anything a bit suspect and need to contact them, please call: Tel: 01656 774 385 & Mob: 07792 546 222.
33. Single Sex Parties/Groups/Under 25s
- As this is a family holiday home and due to our agreement with Parkdean, our caravan is unable to be rented to single sex parties, stag parties, hen parties, groups of young people, etc. And as such, bookings will only be accepted by families, friends, and couples over 25 years of age.
- Gas, electric and water are included in the overall hire costs on a fair-use basis. If you go out please switch it off.
- Doing our bit for the environment 😉
- Wi-Fi is not included in the price of your stay.
- Should you require Wi-Fi, go here: www.wifinity.co.uk/services/payg-wifi/ to view prices and set up.
- There is free Wi-Fi available at designated areas throughout the park, just look out for the sign
36. Your Information:
- The information you give us in relation to your booking is only for our usage and not shared with any third parties or used for any mailing lists.
We reserve the right, to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions shall be posted on our Facebook page immediately. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.